Those glamorous blonde temptations, I am sure you can all think of one. The Chocolate Goddess introduces you to the latest blonde bombshell - the one with a chocolate walnut and caramel filling. She will be an icon once you taste her. Ladies and gentlemen will prefer this Blondie to all the rest!
¾ cup Melted Unsalted Butter (1 ½ sticks)
2 cups packed Brown Sugar
3 large Eggs (lightly whisked)
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
3 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 – 1lb. 1 oz. ounce jar of Butterscotch Caramel sauce (I used Mrs. Richardson’s©)
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
½ cup roughly chopped Walnuts
Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Butter flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Melt butter and combine using mixer with brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and combine thoroughly. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press half the mixture into pan. Bake 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour on caramel sauce. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Top with remaining mixture. It will resemble crumbs on a cupcake.
- Bake another 20 – 22 minutes until edges are just golden brown.
- Cool and then refrigerate 3 hours until set. Let stand at room temperature before cutting.
- Makes 20 Blonde Bombshells.
Store in airtight plastic container for up to 5 days.