with Marshmallow Vodka Buttercream Filling
Let’s make whoopie, pies that is! Moist and delicious, the texture of these Amish inspired cakes lies between devil’s food and sponge cake. They are generously filled with a buttercream that is made lighter by the addition of marshmallow and just to excite the senses a bit - The Chocolate Goddess in me has added a splash of marshmallow vodka!
Muffin Top or Round Whoopie Pie Pans
3 sticks of Unsalted Butter brought to room temperature
3 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
6 cups All Purpose Flour
1 ½ cups sifted Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1 tablespoon Baking Soda
1 ½ teaspoons Salt
3 cups Buttermilk
3 sticks Unsalted Butter
3 ¾ cup of Confectioner’s Sugar
6 cups of Marshmallow Fluff ©
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon Marshmallow Vodka (optional)
Makes 18 pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray molds with Butter Pam®
- Combine dry ingredients. Measure out buttermilk.
- Beat butter until soft. Incorporate brown sugar until well mixed. Add vanilla and eggs.
- Fill mold 2/3 full about 2 Tablespoons Full.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cakes spring back when lightly pressed.
- Pair up the pies flat bottom to bottom. Fill so icing is about ½ inch thick. Store in Tupperware.
Whoopie Pies stay fresh 4 day stored in Tupperware with parchment between layers.
- BE Goddess