For My Valentine
A sweet homemade gift from the heart in just 5 minutes!
The Chocolate Goddess believes that love is patient and love is kind. She is certain that love should be thoughtful, giving, and sweet. The Chocolate Goddess is also firm in her belief that showing someone you love them, certainly shouldn’t have to be expensive when it comes to gifts. Too many misguided lovers believe that if their gift doesn’t come with a huge price tag, it means you are not loved well.
The Chocolate Goddess of course thinks the best way to tell someone you love them is with chocolate. If you are busy with work and family, one of the most delicious chocolate gifts is creamy and easy chocolate fudge. This recipe is so quick it is called 5 Minute Fudge.
I bought enough chocolate heart shaped containers to make a fudge- shaped heart for my husband, family and friends. I bought 4 plastic 4x4" heart-shaped containers, and 6 smaller 3x3" containers. They are about a half an inch deep. You can use any heart shaped mold you want, they do not have to be plastic. I also used the recipe for a 9 x 13 glass pan and cut up fudge to serve at a party.
The chocolate fudge will stay fresh at least a week covered and keep in a cool place (not refrigerated). Make it for someone you love and remember to BE Goddess!
5 Minute Fudge
6 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
2 cups Evaporated Milk
1 ½ teaspoons Salt
1 bag of Miniature Marshmallows (6cups)
4 ½ cups Semisweet Chocolate Morsels
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Spray heart-shaped forms or 9 x 13 pan with Pam©
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in a large pot. Melt butter on medium/high heat stirring to combine. This should take about a minute.
- Bring to a low rolling boil and cook 4 minutes stirring constantly. Adjust heat source accordingly.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips stirring until melted.
- Add vanilla and stir in.
- Working quickly, ladle fudge into molds or pan. Do not work fudge with hands or spoon, it will ruin the gloss.
- Decorate with sugar candy hearts if desired.
- Cool thoroughly.
Fudge stays fresh for at least a week covered well. Enjoy!