Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats
I was with my nephew and found Campfire Mallow Bursts at iParty in West Hartford, Connecticut. They came in lemon meringue flavor - lemon is so refreshing in the summer.
My nephew Colin, who is a creative genius, suggested I make Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats. I decided he was onto something. They have been done before but I knew I could really embellish them to sweet perfection. How refreshing they would be for a summer dessert, with light and crunchy Kellogg’s Rice Krispies.
Here is the recipe:
1 8 ounce bag of Campfire Mallow Bursts Lemon Meringue Flavor
3 tablespoons of Butter
1 lemon (grated rind)
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 jar of Lemon Curd (I like the color of Robertson’s Lemon Curd)
1 jar Marshmallow Fluff
Yellow Candy Melt
Candied Lemon Fruit Slices
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray. I like butter flavor.
- Grate the lemon right into the Rice Krispies, be careful not to grate the white part, it is so bitter. Toss that around.
- I melted 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pot. then I added the marshmallows and stirred over a low heat until they melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and gently toss in the Rice Krispies until everything is incorporated. Press them into the pan evenly with a sprayed spatula.
- Let them cool and set a few hours. Cut them into an even number of squares and place on parchment paper. Spread them with lemon curd, and then a bit of Marshamallow Fluff (don’t go overboard, it oozes). Sandwich them together.
- Melt yellow candy melt on 50% power and stir at 30 second intervals. It won’t take long, you don’t need much.
- Spread on top layer of Lemon Meringue Krispies Treat. Then add a tiny dollop of Fluff and top with a Candied Fruit Slice.
They are so deliciously, light, and refreshing. Make them for someone who needs a smile. And, BE Goddess!